Number of people in attendance: 13
Two new people came to the meeting, and both joined as members.
- Chad Lawson, KD9OEA
- Met Dean at the ARISS meeting, who said he should stop by MVARC
- Jim Gehrke, KD9LNA
- Got the MVARC pamphlet when he took the test at HRO
- Brad (KC9UQR) talked about some of his recent achievements with satellite, and his plans for starting to work on his next project, sending packets over satellite.
- Brad spent time talking about satellite operating for the newer members that did not have experience with it
- Brad talked about linear satellites, which can transmit more than one signal at a time
- Dean (KC9REN) scheduled a time on the 25th for people to work on the transistor tester kit.
- Dean talked about the newest On the Air magazine that ARRL is putting out.
- Dean passed around the new ARRL frequency guide that has quite a few updates.
- Al (WA9RYO) brought in his new tower power strip to show. Some brands have stackable modules.
- Al brought in his openSPOT2. The group discussed the benefits of it, as well as some of the upcoming openSPOT3, particularly the cross-mode features.
Please follow and like us: